Prix Public : 2 395,00 € HT (tarif Inter-Entreprise)
Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V2.3 are discussed.
Warning: This class only covers changes packaged in z/OS V2.3 and expects students to be familiar with the contents of the z/OS V2R2 and previous system upgrades. For students who have knowledge or experience based on lower levels of z/OS, you should first attend:
- ESC6G: z/OS V1R13 to z/OS V2R1 Update (which brings skill level up to z/OS V2R1)
- ESC7G: z/OS 2.2 Update (which brings skill level up to z/OS V2R2)
- List the main enhancements in z/OS V2R3.
- Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V2.3 including:
- The BCP includes the I/O configuration program (IOCP), the Workload Manager (WLM), System Management Facilities (SMF), HCD/HCM, the program management binder, Language Environment, Global resource serialization, z/OS sysplex, cross-system coupling facility (XCF), Coupling Facility Resource Manager (CFRM), SFM, System Logger and other components like BCPii, z/OS Resource Measurement Facility (RMF) and z/OS Job Entry Subsystem 2 (JES2), JES3, SDSF, z/OS Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), time-sharing option (TSO), REXX.
- The z/OS Management Facility (zOSMF).
- The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services.
- Data storage management which includes Extended Address Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm.
- Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP address space, general IP, and SNA modernization.
- System security – RACF.
- Plan for and install the z/OS V2.3 system.
- z/OS V2R3 overview
- Enhancements to the BCP
- Sysplex enhancements
- Data management enhancements
- UNIX System Services enhancements (USS)
- Communication Server enhancements
- System security and RACF enhancements
- Installation and migration of z/OS 2.3